Saturday, August 16, 2008

YAY RAIN!!


I woke up from my nap to the sound of heavy raindrops on the skylight. Plunk, plunk, platt! It was good to hear. I lay in bed listening for awhile as I tried to determine what time of day it was. Gatsby was whining on the stairs and I remembered that Daisy was outside in the rain. We went downstairs and outside to the porch. The rain let up a bit and Daisy had been hiding under the shrubs.

I let her in and Gatsby and I went outside to enjoy the rain. I decided to clean the tack/feed room. Gatsby, who is afraid of the weather followed me closely. As I knocked down the mud wasp nest and swept up the lizard eggs, the wind picked up. Really started blowing hard. Gatsby could not decide whether to stay or run back to the house. I let him go but shut the door and thought I would wait it out.

The lightning flashed and the thunder roared. I was so happy we have not had rain for so long. Neighbor Kellie was just saying this morning that it was strange to go through a whole summer without a thunderstorm. At the time I had hoped she had not jinxed us. I told her non-husband David to do a rain dance. He must have.

I dashed back to the house, getting thoroughly soaked. What a wonderful feeling! I laughed as I climbed the stairs to get into dry clothes.

Later I went to the porch to see the wind had rearranged the furniture. The rain even blew in on the screened porch to water the lime and lemon trees.

It is still raining two hours later.

No comments: