Friday, August 22, 2008

Okay Universe...are we done yet?

I am going to layout all the cruddy things that have happened to me this past month or so and then counter it with what I have gotten out of the situation. I am doing this in hopes that the Universe will see that I have gained something and let me off the hook for awhile.

July 19 - got buzzed by a copter while on my horse. I dove off because we we headed for the barn. I was knocked unconscious and have been in pain ever since.

My lesson: I have wonderful friends and neighbors who not hesitate to help out when the times get tough. I had time to relax and slow myself down from the break-neck pace I usually keep. I got my UT class organized and feel very prepared for the Fall semester. Got my body realigned by the chiropractor. Found out from the orthopedic surgeon that my bones are strong and healthy. Got to visit with my sister for a whole week. Got a tasty Eggplant Parmesean from Rachel's sister Becky who makes the best Eggplant Parmesean in the universe.

August 7 - husband out of town for our 9th anniversary.

My lesson: actually I am used to it so it really was not too bad.

August 12 - rear ended an out of towner on Riverside Bridge because she slammed on brakes on wet road for an ambulance that she was not even close to.

My lesson: husband is not as forgiving as I am. I was not hurt, the truck still runs and I don't need to get it fixed. It will still pull a horse trailer. At least I was not in my Subaru which is newer (but whose brakes my have been more reactive).

August 13 - Learn the paper is on the market. Cox no longer wants us. Future seems very uncertain.

My lesson: think about other jobs I can do.

August 15 - Take Daisy to the vet and learn she has a urinary tract infection. $200 later, I take her home.

My Lesson: I am much more in tune with my pets than I used to be. I think I caught this one pretty early. Daisy LOVES wet dog food from Science Diet. She actually pouted when we ran out.

August 16 - Had to cancel a shoot because I can't sit in the car for two hours yet.

My lesson: It can be rescheduled

August 18 - Can drive Subaru again! Unfortunately it has a slow leak in the tire.

My lesson: take care of the tire, filled it up and it seemed fine

August 20 - oops Tire is not fine. Light is on again. Drive car back home and take different car.

My lesson: Make an appointment with dealer for check.

August 21 - take car to Subaru and find out tire has a leak in the sidewall, which cannot be repaired under warranty. Further more, non of the tire places in town have the tire in stock, AND it costs $230 to replace the ONE tire. Cell phone battery is dead and I pray I make it home ok.

My lesson: At least I had less than 15,000 miles so I don't have to get FOUR new tires because the car is all wheel drive. Take the car home and get there in time to see the cute sprinkler guy mulling over our crazy mixed up sprinkler system. Order tire.

Well that about does it. So really....I think I am done Universe. You have taught me some valuable lessons and now it is time to move on. I am healing from the accident. I am trying to be positive and laugh at the craziness of the whole summer.

Tonight I spoke with my mother-in-law who said I should ask my doctor if it will be okay to fly come late September when we are supposed to go to Italy. She was very serious. I am pretty sure we are going first class so I will have many seat positions to choose from, including flat. This may be the icing on the cake. We'll see.

No comments: