Friday, August 29, 2008

okay really, no more!


Yesterday was my first class of the semester. Quiet kids so far but I hear they will perk up. All went well.

Katie, our babysitter, picked up kiddo from day care and I met them at the grocery store with the playground after class. They were eating dinner. This will work great, I thought. Since husband cannot be counted on to be in town on class days, I needed someone to get him because class does not end until 15 minutes past day care closing time.

We got home and I got kiddo settled in my bed watching some Noggin. i went out to feed the horses. I thought maybe I would string up the temporary fence and let Bailey eat some grass. As I went to tie the rope on the fence, my hand brushed against a yellow jacket nest. I did not even see it. All of a sudden the neighbors were serenaded by my string of obscenities. I am wondering if I should call an apologize for destroying the peacefulness of the evening. I ran in the house, doused my hand and arm in alcohol, not really sure why. Then I went upstairs and took a few slugs of children's Benedryl. Still in pain, I went back outside, cussing under my breath, to feed the horses and kill the friggin' wasps. After I accomplished both, I went back inside to put ice on. At Rachel's suggestion, I put on baking soda and took my 800mg ibuprofen.

I had no energy to bathe the kiddo. So he went to bed dirty. I pretty much crashed after that. I woke up many times in the night because of the pain. I still went to work today because of all the time I had missed from the horse fall. Late in the afternoon the staff convinced me to go to the doctor. I went and 2 hours and a shot later I went back to work.

That should be three huge painful things. I am done. I have had my three (or six even). I have to laugh because it really is getting absurd. At the doctor, I counted 14 spots that were entry points. No wonder my whole arm is so swollen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great photo!! loved the previous post, too (and that adorable photo!!!!)your life is amazing and so so full!!!! (i know that's what's so hard, too). you keep scaring me with the tally and how it's over now...that makes me feel the forces of fate getting all tempted and stirred up and i'm afraid to read the next post.