Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Slow Recovery

I gotta say, this has been the slowest recovery for me EVER. Yesterday at the chiropractor, we discovered another injury while trying to make an adjustment. Seems I likely tore my cartilage away from my sternum. OW! I thought it was muscle strain. This means no horse riding for at least 2 months while it heals. If I am patient and heal correctly, I can enjoy pain free riding in the future. The set back was depressing though. Then i went to the gym and worked with Minna on the power plate. People swear they recover from injuries twice a quickly when they use it so I am going to make it work. Minna has another client recovering from a car wreck that happened the day before my accident. I am hoping she get us doing rehab together.

I worked for about 4 hours and was very tired. I think the issue there is that I cannot lay down and work. There is just standing and sitting with walking as a break in the two. It makes me very stiff. The whole work thing is good for my brain though and I like being back in the action. I am just pitifully slow.

My sister Suzanne got in last evening to help out this week. I am so happy. I keep getting a vibe from husband that he is angry with me for having the accident and if he ignores it, it will somehow go away. I am sort of glad he left this a.m. even though our 9 year anniversary is on Thursday. Oh well, life with a self employed, traveling man.

No comments: