Thursday, August 7, 2008

Some planet must be in retrograde


This has been a tough summer for most of my friends. Injuries to humans and pets, money troubles, not getting "sure-thing" jobs, break-ups and fights. Something powerful be in retrograde. I thought perhaps Saturn but on further inspection, I saw that is is actually Neptune and Pluto. But Saturn is the big nasty planet according to astrological sources. I do wish I had an idea.

Who knows? I am an Aries with a Cancer moon. That give me my domestic edge. Rising sign is Leo which I would think would give me strength and self confidence. My other match-ups are Venus/Aries, Mercury/Aries, Mars/Virgo, Jupiter/Taurus, Saturn/Pisces, Uranus/Virgo, Neptune/Scorpio and Pluto/Virgo. Now really, I have no idea what any of that means. If anyone has a clue, I would love enlightenment.

View from the couch...squash bug is finally off the screen on the porch. No grasshoppers either. I think our fat lizards are getting some good eats. The lemon trees are thriving on the porch since I remember to water them there and the grasshoppers cannot eat the leaves. I had to wipe all the scale off the lime tree. That seems to have revived it a little bit. Someday I would like to plant them outside but for now I htink the pots are best.

I did see one of our roadrunners with a snake in his mouth yesterday morning. I hope it was a copperhead baby not a simple garden snake. I have not seen any deer lately. Wonder if the neighborhood cougar has been eating them or if they simply at staying closer to the river.

The grass is crunchy. I am having my sister move the sprinkler around the trees so they can have a drink. I am worried that the foundation of the house is going to crack with how dry it has been, especially the new addition. Even the sprinklers don't seem to be putting out as much water as I thought would keep the lawn green. I wish I could check them all but that is a bit too much mobility for me at this point, our garage where the controls are is like an obstacle course. More on the garage later....I shudder thinking about it.

No comments: