Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Boys are Back in Town


My guys are back from the NY adventure.
Kiddo got to spend days at the beach on Long Island, where the in-laws have a cabana at the beach club for changing. His Oma even got him a blue blazer for the fancy dinners they have there. Turns out he really didn't need it but he looks so darn cute!
He went to the local pool where his dad went as a boy and met some new friends who he wanted to fly back to Texas.
He saw the dino bones at the Natural History Museum in NYC.
He journeyed to the Hamptons to meet the family of one of husband's friends.
He went to the candy store with Oma and learned what a ring pop is.
He saw a professional baseball game. The Mets were in town and Opa, Husband and kiddo ate ice cream and ball park dogs.

I would say he had a pretty good vacation. And while I am sure there were times he missed his mommy, I am thrilled that he had that time with his grandparents. I want to make this a tradition every summer. They also want him around Christmas time for a few days to enjoy NYC traditions.

What did I do while they were away? Fixed the handle of the shower in our bathroom that has been loose forever. Took a truck load of stuff to Salvation Army. Enjoyed watching the nature around the house. Took the dog to the vet. Had the sprinklers fixed. Hung some pictures in kiddo's room. Got my hair done and got a pedicure (I LIKE those). Went to be early every night and slept until I was ready to wake up.

No comments: