Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ARGHHHH


Okay, this is going to sound unbelievable but this morning, on the way into work, 5 minutes from work in fact, I rear ended a car. We were going through a green light over a bridge when the car in front of me slammed on her brakes because she saw an ambulance approaching from the access road on the right. The ambulance was not really near the intersection but she stopped. Unfortunately for me, I tried to brake but ended up sliding into her on the wet road. We moved the cars and made sure we were all right.

An ambulance and fire engine came. the fire engine stopped but left when they saw we were fine. The ambulance stopped, we signed papers saying we refused treatment. I could have sworn it was the same ambulance that caused the accident in the first place but thought it would be crass to ask.

Poor girls were in a rental car on the way to a meeting about starting a business in Austin. They were from New Orleans. We exchanged info. We waited for a policeman. They didn't their car was drivable because the muffler was hanging a bit. The handsome officer got there and looked over our situation. I told what the deal was. He gave me a case paper and checked to see that I had gotten and given all the right info to the other driver.

My truck was mushed in front but ran fine. In fact, the impact may have made my back loosen up a bit. We will see tomorrow.

I am now nervously waiting for the third bad thing to happen. Things always seem to come in threes. Fired from my job? divorce? lame horse? cat puking fit all over the white carpet? okay so some of those are not as serious as others but it still worries me. Positive energy, I need positive energy. Good karma....I need to do some good to turn things around.

OR maybe the universe is simply trying to keep me from going to work. I wonder, what is the other thing that my authentic self is supposed to be doing?

No comments: