Monday, August 25, 2008

Coming Home


Coming home tonight I saw the roadrunners in the pasture. Two of them ran around Dewey like they were trying to entice him in a game of tag. As I paid closer attention, they noticed and hopped up in the tree. Dewey still seemed oblivious as he screamed at me to let me know he was ready for dinner.

I have not idea where the cartoon folks got their idea of what a roadrunner looks like. Theirs looks more like an ostrich except for the comb on the head. As for the "beep beep", I really don't know. They make a clicking noise sometimes and another noise which escapes me right now.

For the past two days I have been trying to remember the name of an author who used to live in Central Texas. He is British or South African. Google and Amazon are not helping much. He trained horses in England. Wrote travel guides and wrote a book some years ago about living in Africa amongst a tribe. Drives me bonkers when I can't remember something like this. I'll remember it right before I go to sleep and then promptly forget it again.

No comments: