Thursday, July 31, 2008

Working from home

Neighbor drove me to work today for our staff meeting. I was glad to have gone but I was really tired after. I had to stand the whole time, or most anyway because it still hurts to sit. Staff had some good ideas on how to cope with Kelly's departure. Still have not told anyone she will be my TA at UT. I think that may cause some hard feelings. Then one staffer was complaining about shooting a dog happy hour. I asked him what was so important that he wanted to shoot instead? nothing, he just wanted to go to the gym instead. Staff was happy I called him on it. e is always trying to weasel out of things.

At last I have enough work work that I can do from my delicately balanced position on the couch. The office has thought of some constructive projects that we would never be able to get done if we were in the office. Too bad it is not contest time. That could all be done from home. That will keep my brain exercised. YAY! If I were well, I would e tempted to do yard work instead of actually working but since I am limited on movement, I need something to do. Too bad I can't have a couch at my desk.

The chiropractor said my injuries were the kind you get 1 in 1,000. I have some nerve damage in my back on he side that does not hurt. Maybe that is what is keeping it from hurting. He tried to do an adjustment like he did yesterday but I was WAY too tense and a ball of tension seized up behind my shoulder blade and made it really hard to breathe. We just did the upper back and called it a day. I can tell I m going to be a challenging project for him.

My bother called yesterday from Vermont to see how I was doing. That was a nice surprise. We do not talk that often and it is not for any reason. I just think we are a combination of busy and lazy. I love him and his family. They are pretty amazingly smart and talented. It would be nice for the whole family to live closer but I think we were just all brought up to be very independent. That seems funny to me now because Mom wants us all to be closer, physically and in our relationships.

No comments: