Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why I love my neighbors


Mark drove kiddo and I to day care and to get xrays. He listened to me vent and gave good non judgmental advice. He took me to the chiropractor. I went with him to see his mother-in-law. Then he took me to the gym so I could say goodbye to my workout buddy who is moving to Macon GA. I will miss her so much. She was competative in a fun way. She cheered me up when I was bummed out. I think Minna, our trainer will miss her too. Got a dozen bagels from the shop next door and we went home.

As I checked my work emails, I saw that husband had forwarded an email from another neighbor offering to help. She is not running to the bank for me and volunteered to do some laundry. Actually fold the stuff husband had washed but not folded. Kiddo is out of undies so Robyn said she would do the load for me.

This weekend I am sure we will do something with Terri or Karen and their boys.Kiddo loves them and that will wear him out a little bit this weekend.

I have so many nice friends, I hope I can repay the favor some day.

My view from the couch today is of our huge golden retriever Gatsby who either sleeps right next to the sofa or on the chair next to the sofa. He used to be quite the out of control dog. At 90lbs, that can be annoying. Since my accident, it seems like Gatsby has been auditioning to be a service dog. He walks right next to me everywhere. He settles down near me. He is husband's dog but he has been very protective of me lately.

Daisy has been bonding with kiddo. He plays with her, talks to her and gives her lovin'. I think they will grow together like parents always hope boys and dogs will.

No comments: