Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Little Stallion

Dewey is trying so hard to fight for his place in our new little herd. Bailey has decided to let him eat next to him, Sahil still chases him away and Sahil has the scars to prove it. They are constantly fighting for the #2 spot. I am not sure who has it yet.

I was planning on waiting to get Dewey snipped in the Fall when the weather is more favorable for an operation. Cooler, fewer flies and recovery is easier. I am not sure I can wait though.

I was petting his forehead the other day and he decided to be playful and take a nip at my arm. He connected with the delicate underside. Hurt like a MOFO!! I put ice on it but still ended up with a bruise larger than a poker chip that folks keep mistaking for a tattoo gone terribly wrong.

Last night I was feeding them after a pretty hard rain. (YAY RAIN!!) Dewey is last to be fed because he is the baby and needs to learn his place. Not sure he likes this very much. In the process of dumping his feed in his pan, he stepped to left and onto my right foot. I body slammed him off of me and smacked him for getting in and on my space.

"You are getting cut very soon....very soon" I muttered all the way back to the gate.

No comments: