Monday, July 28, 2008

First Day Back at Work

Despite the initial pain of getting going in the morning, I was practically giddy on the way into work. I hobbled into the building. Answered security guard Julian's questioning eyes about the funny walk.

"Fell of my horse", I said as I limped into the elevator.

I stepped off into the newsroom. As folks noticed the walk and me not being there for a week, I felt the need for a group announcement. I settled in at my desk after raising the computer so I could use it standing up. Sitting is out of the question as this point. I can sit for a few seconds to ease the pain on my feet. My feet were actually falling asleep from standing so much.

Still and all, it was good to be with my co-workers and even tell THE STORY a zillion times. Actually got some work done that needed to be done so I did accomplish more than just catch up work. I hope it will b that way all week. I am thinking I can even structure it to where I can make calls from home.

By the time husband picked me up, I was sore and tired. We went and picked up my exhibition print for the Colorado show and then got the kiddo. He was just waking up from his nap. When I saw him come down the stairs to the car, the smile on his face was three feet wide. He was o happy to be going home early, it made my heart ache. I wonder does he love being home that much or does he not like day care? He smiled the whole way home and as I look at him now, he is still smiling.

No comments: