Tuesday, July 15, 2008

AAHhhh Sleep

Husband went out of town yesterday. I am excited that I will be able to get un-interupted sleep. There is something to be said for separate bedrooms, especially when one partner is dealing with allergies or a cold.

Husband is not a nice person when he is half asleep. The other night I went to bed stuffy. I swear I was still awake when he told me I was snoring. I am awake, how can I be snoring? You were, trust me, he said. I rolled over onto my stomach and drifted off.

SMACK! His arm, like a catapult, flew up and his hand smacked my back. WHAT! Okay maybe he had an involuntary sleep moment or bad dream. I drift off again. THUMP! the hand hits my back again. Geez....This went on a few more times in the night.

At 4am he leaps out of bed with an annoyed " Geeezus Christ! " and stomps into the bathroom. "what?" says a confused me. "was I snoring?"

He comes out and pleads that I see a doctor about the snoring. He gets back in bed and I lay there afraid to go to sleep and afraid to breath. I decided to go downstairs to the guest room where I get another 3 hours of un-interupted sleep.

So what I wondered was, why can't he be sympathetic to my illness and lovely go quietly downstairs himself to sleep? That is what I do when he is sick. The next night I slept in the guest room again and he seemed upset about it. Not sure why because he got a good night's rest as well as me!

No comments: