Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 2 of Forced Relaxation

Well Things seem to be getting better. I can walk to the bathroom alone but it takes 20 minutes. Lest you think our house is huge, it usually takes 30 seconds. The pain is pretty bad. So bad that I really do not think the pain meds are even scratching the surface.

I am okay siting down or laying on the couch. Reaching or bending can cause a yelp of pain. I really did want to take some time ff work but this is not what I had in mind. I guess the universe is telling me that to take sick time you must be sick or in pain so much that you cannot function. At last I am getting the sleep I need.

Neighbors have been wonderful taking care of the kiddo. He has spent 2 nights down the street. I am not sure if he realizes that something is wrong with mommy or if he just thinks this is a great vacation. They took him to day care this am. I am curious to know how he did. Neighbor across the street will pick him up this afternoon.

I must make my dermatology apt tomorrow because I have had it for 3 months and I am afraid I have some skin cancer on my face. If I can't drive, maybe some one can drive me. I'll have to play it by ear. I am getting tired of being cooped up though. I wonder if they have wheelchairs at the dermatologist?

Husband gets home tomorrow night. He could not get an earlier flight. At least he tried. I am hoping his fear over my accident does not mess up my healing. He tends to get angry in these sorts of situations instead of sympathetic. I hope I am wrong on this one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, this post is loaded! so many issues and pain and relationships and life and insight (and more pain).