Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back on the Couch


Feel like I should be on a shrink's couch but instead I am just on mine again. I drove today for the first time since "The Fall" of my empire. Went to chiropractor extraordinaire first. Kiddo was with me because I didn't have time to take him to day care before the appt.

First of all I started my day at 4am because I could not sleep. Got up, showered, had breakfast and watched some of the Betty Page story while I was waiting for husband to return from his run. When he got back I practiced driving the stick shift. Went down the driveway, out into the 'hood but turned around pretty quickly when I realized how much it hurt. Decided to take the truck. Husband moved the car seat over for me. Getting in was the challenge. Kiddo is big enough to climb in by himself these days. Took me longer than it did him. I had to step on an old coffee can that I use or feeding. It worked.

I drove to the chiropractor. Made it through the pain by talking to kiddo and singing with the radio. Doctor said he needed xrays to help me better. Found my pain threshold and let me go. I am to see him tomorrow for a longer appt.

Took kiddo to day care. Found street parking. Walked very slowly up he sidewalk, up the stairs and into the school. The teachers were very sweet asking me if I was doing better. Jake was happy to be with his friends.

I hobbled back to the truck, the pain building. I got in on the passenger side because of the curb acting like a step. I slid over to the drivers side. That is when I began to lose it. I began to cry. I called into work and let them know I just could not make it. I cried the whole way home. First time since the accident. I am sure it was a release. I got scared though. What am I going to when husband goes to Denver tomorrow? He has been asking me this all week. I had no answers, figuring I could handle it.

I called Rachel sobbing. She told me to calm down and go home and lay down. I called my former many across the street and asked him if he would like to resume those duties for a few days. Actually I just need him to drive us around. He was cool with that. What wonderful friends/neighbors. Rachel called and said our friend Bonnie could also help out later in the week. Jake and I love Bonnie. She is a good soul.

I am going to have to start taking pics of the view from the couch.....at least I can look out the window and see the roadrunners. Now though, I just see the huge squash bug on the outside of screen porch. It has not moved all day. Yesterday I had an immature praying mantis. They are my favorite bugs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bless your heart! yay for the cleansing cry. what a painful journey. as always i love reading it. yes, take pics from the couch! they will match this blog recording the experience from the inside of you. cheering you on...