Monday, November 24, 2008

Smoking, Driving with a Rant

Okay Mr. Nissan Maxima who would not let me pass this morning on my way to work. I appreciate how you like to smoke on your way into work, but I do not. I cannot get away from your smoke as it filters in through my AC. Did you happen to notice that area along the road that was burnt to a crisp recently? Have you noticed that we have not had rain in the last month or so? Whatever would possess you to toss your still ignited butt out the window without a care in the world. The way your hand flicked the butt out the sliver in the window as it obviously had many time before. I watched the lit butt, glowing orange, throwing sparks as it hit the air. It bounced on the pavement and perhaps was driven over to be put out but maybe not. I honestly wish people would think about what happens when they throw lit butts out the window.

This morning was smokier than most, no sooner would I get away from one smoker, when I would be passed or pass another. I seemed to be surrounded in the morning commute by smokers. It would not be bad if it not come through the air conditioning, even it I have it on recycle interior air, it stills seems to worm its way into the car. If the but gets tossed at a light, and you happen to stop on it unknowingly? forget it, the smell is there the rest of the day.

I stil suspect that a pissed of mechanic worked on my truck and hid a butt in the engine somewhere. My truck smells like stale cigarette smoke at times and no one that I know who smokes has been in it.

Maybe my truck is haunted by the Marlboro Man.

1 comment:

thao said...

wow is basically what I was thinking the other week when I was heading to the gym! It's like you read my mind,especially the part about the smoke that lingers to next car!