Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holiday Photos


I decided that ripping on intern prospects more was not good karma so no more of that.

Fall is when folks start calling me for holiday portraits. I really love doing these. It gives me a chance to meet up with folks I see once a year. Although now I wonder why we see each other just once a year. I am going to have play dates with some of my clients and their kids this year.

Patience is key when doing family and kid portraits. Making toddlers do anything is like herding cats. You just need to let it flow. Get them started in an activity and then they forget they are being photographed. Bubbles are a favorite with me. Parents try to get their kids to smile, pose etc but that just makes kids grumpier. I also know that children usually last 30 min to an our for a shoot.

I know I should be charging more. I have gradually increased my rates. I will raise them next year but I think folks will understand. I make beautiful pictures and am worth it!

1 comment:

Wenjing Zhang said...

I agreed to, but I haven't technically bought it yet. Larissa told me to meet him at Precision and try to get the sensor cleaned before buying it. erg. I'll talk to you in class about it.