Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Burbling Stream of Thought

7am leave the house deliver the rest of the food drive flyers in my section. Stop at gas station to get a doughnut for kiddo because he got in the car on time this morning. Make good time to daycare. Back on the road at 7:50 to go into work, but the road is already crowded with veteran's day parade traffic.

work, work, work

Hour of P.T. stretching with Suzy. Pushed, pulled in an attempt to loosen up. I guess yoga would help but who has time? I love what she does and made another appt. for this Friday to work on the upper body. Goal? Loosen up so I can ride in comfort. Get rid of all the sore muscles from the accident.

Get to class and am thankful for the leftover salad in the journalism office. Ignore the pizza and make a big plate of salad. I sit on the floor in the hall outside of the classroom with one of my students eating my salad. The rest of the class shows up but the class before is not done yet. We hang out and talk. Class goes well. We end a bit early and I have 6 stragglers who want to stay and talk and hang out. These kids are great. They make me smile. I am glad that I have this class as my last.

Get to Central Market to meet Katie, Will and kiddo. Chat a bit and hit the road.

Got to bake a cake for the work bake sale. Apple cake. I remember this in the morning and pray that I remember it again when we get home. I do, but I am not sure if we have all the ingredients. I found everything, good. Plop kiddo in front of Noggin and get crackin. Cake in oven. Good.

Kiddo takes a quick bath, talks to Daddy on speaker phone in the tub. Then wants to hang out in our bed for awhile. We play. I finally get him to bed, put on Al Stewart for him (or me) and hang some more with him in his bed.

Back downstairs to get cake out of the oven. I decide not to make cookies too. Too much. Was I overscheduled as a child? Is this a carry over? Or do I just like to keep this insane pace. I am going to crawl into bed now.

No comments: