Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Trip to Home Depot

I must admit, I am going to be very happy when Lowe's opens near our house. I liked it even before my dad worked there. I always find what I need and staff is easier to find as well. I suspect that McCoy's is going to go out of business with it being next door but maybe the builders will keep going there.

So the other day I noticed our toilet seat was coming off. It was broken from where it swings up and down. I course I am suspect that it comes from the men of the house slamming the seat down after they use it. Then I think to myself that only the little one does that, the big one leaves it up. I decide I will do nothing and keep an eye on it. It is in the only bathroom downstairs so it does get a fair amount of use. I really didn't think it would break after only 8 years though.

Then Ludim and her sister came to clean last week. I was close by and I heard the lid go up. Then shortly after, I heard a clatter that I thought must be the seat falling off completely. I didn't run in to see because I did not want to embarrass Ludim and her sister. I sat there listening to see if I could hear anything in Spanish that would indicate broken or toilet. I did not, they really are not in my Spanish vocabulary, although they should be. After awhile I passed through the kitchen and Ludim told me the seat broke. Ah yes, I acknowledged, it was on the way out. I think I'll go to Home Depot now.

There were plenty of choices there and of course no one to help. I knew we have round bowls because the oblong ones make me feel like I am in an institution of some sort. Round toilet seats seem homier somehow. I look at the wooden seats, the hard plastic seats and THEN...I see it....A seat the somehow will not slam. I test the lid. It gently falls to the seat. I test the seat. It too falls quietly. It IS plastic and might be flimsy. I notice it does have a lifetime guarantee. Yeah, who really saves the Home Depot receipt for a toilet seat but it does get me to buy it.

It takes me a few days to have time to install it. I figured the boys cold deal with no seat. I managed. I installed it with little trouble. Tried it out and decided it was a good buy. Comfy, quiet and it can be taken off easily for cleaning! Bonus!

1 comment:

Raeanne! said...

i have one of these, too! they are good. i had to replace mine after it just plain fell to pieces after use by a largish houseguest, oops.