Friday, November 7, 2008

Promotion!

Thanks to my terminal addiction to Facebook, everyone already knows that I got promoted today to Assistant Director of Photography at the Austin American-Statesman. I honestly never thought I would get this far because of the slow turnover rate in our department. We have a talented staff and it makes you want to stick around. My duties will not be any different because I have been doing the job without the title for 9 months now anyway.

I am touched by how many well wishes I have gotten. Working somewhere you are appreciated by your peers makes a difference. The promotion says to me that the bosses are aware of what I am doing as well. Naively, I always thought I was a worker who flew under the radar, just doing my job without causing a fuss.

I will still continue to shoot on the side. Come Spring, I will have more time because of no class. I really want to start shooting more Senior portraits for high school kids. They are fun and excited. I think it would be a good direction to go as I get older. I think husband should get into it a bit because he could charge more because of his photographic reputation. What boy would not want his senior picture shot by a Sports Illustrated photographer!!

No comments: