Monday, October 27, 2008

Nightly Ritual

It is a wonder that I get work done when husband is not around.

After work tonight, kiddo and I went to Target to get the finishing touches for his Halloween costume. Nothing exciting just Spidey shoes to go with his Spidey suit. We finished and were on our way by 7pm.

Got close to home when kiddo asked for a burger from Old McDonald's. Considering the options of Happy Meal vs. waiting 15 minutes while I tried to figure out what to feed him and another 15 minutes making it, I thought Old McDonald's was not a bad idea.

We got home by 7:35. The dogs, cooped up all day, shot out of out as if powered by rocket fuel. Kiddo ate and then watched one show while I fed horses and dogs. We went up to bathe at 8:30pm. He ran downstairs naked after the bath while I tried to get the crazed dogs in. Of course I was interrupting their conversations with the other neighborhood dogs.

Pajamas on, we went back up to bed. Brushed teeth, clipped nails and read a story. I tried to get him down for 25 minutes until finally giving in to lay on the floor and do some work on the computer, which is where I am at this moment. I am hoping he is asleep so I can go downstairs and finish grading. We need to be out the door early tomorrow so I can put in my 8 hours at work and then teach for two more.

Fact is, I really do not mind hanging out in his room or on his bed while he falls asleep. It is meditative. I try to wind down at this time. Sometimes I over achieve and need to hit the hay myself. Not tonight, too much to do.

No comments: