Monday, September 1, 2008

Non Labor Day

I get it. I pretty much took the day off. We took it easy, kiddo and I. did not really eat breakfast until 9:30am or so. Later we went to Tractor Supply and Home Depot. We took our time. Kiddo sat on some tractors and I did not care that there were long lines.

I dropped kiddo off at Francis' (aka Bam Bam) house for lunch and went to cut the lawn. Got it done, made some tipsy Arnold Palmer's and went to see everyone. It took kiddo while to even realize that I was there. He was having a great time. Then we wandered down the street to Nathan's house with the pool. Bam Bam, Nathan and kiddo have a great time together.

We hung out and played for hours. Seventies music was playing on the sat. radio, I was sipping my tipsy A.P. and thinking this is how life should. Relaxing on the weekends with neighbors, watching the kids and trying not to think about work tomorrow. In a way, it was very seventies or at least what you see in the movies or remember from childhood.

It was just so good.

No comments: