Thursday, May 8, 2008

Single life

Well for the past few days I have been a single woman. Husband and son went East to work and see the grandparents. I had been looking forward to this. And if you think that I am going to wax poetic on how sad and lonely I am and say how much I missed them and how empty the house is....fuhget about it! I have really been enjoying the quiet.

I have gotten so much done! The first night I rode my young horse and then stayed to have a glass of wine with Rachel after. When I got home, I went through Jake's clothes and got ride of the stuff that was too small (not the too small stuff that I really thought was cute though, just in case..)

The next morning I was up early as usual but I did my morning tasks at my leisure. Fed the horse, pulled a few weeds, fed the dogs, showered (uninterrupted), got dressed but ran out of time for breakfast. That night I had a graduation portrait shoot. I was nice not to worry about how much I was paying a sitter or worse still, where Jake was while I was shooting. When I got home it was too late for dinner so I made some Carnation instant breakfast. I picked up the house because our housekeeper comes every other Thursday to clean. Yes, I pick up so she can clean the house. Can't clean if you can't get around.

Today I was working a night shift which starts at 2pm. I had a nice walk before it got hot. I puttered in the yard until the housekeeper came. Then hung out outside with the farrier when he came to shoe Bailey. I took in dry cleaning, got a HUGE breakfast taco and cleaned my saddle. Then I got the riding mower out and mowed part of the yard, cleaned the mower deck (no easy task, it involves a jack) and set out for round two of lawn cutting to finish up. After the rider mower, the rest of the lawn was dry enough for the push mower. I had to empty the bag 3 times!! I didn't cut the backyard because it was getting hot, I wanted a shower and I was hungry.

The rest is routine but I got to work on time and am still here as a matter of fact....waiting for basketball playoff pics to come in so I can go home!

Tomorrow another action packed morning before flying off to see my boys.

No comments: