Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Been awhile

I am finally coming out of the dark place my mind had been since my last post. Work is unbearable and the home life has been tough. I was having a very hard time thinking positively and that is not my nature. Crying on the way to work is not normal. I am calming down and trying remember what is important. I am not Supermom or Superwoman and I just do the best I can.

I found out the other day that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are sharing the same zip code as me. Of course it is a huge area but they are renting a ranch somewhere nearby while Brad is filming a movie. I keep thinking what I would say to one of them if I had the opportunity. Would I be cool and ignore them? Would I be my Texas friendly self and ask if they are enjoying themselves? Most probably I would be a blithering idiot taken by their star status. I can't help but admit I am slightly obsessed by the thought of perhaps seeing them.

Onward to gardening.....I love springtime in Texas. My roses are blooming and the wildflowers are lovely. My favorites are the larkspur that we have groing along the path to our front door. They are taller than my son and the dogs love to leap through them as if they were jumping through a wave of purple and blue water. I wonder if they feel the delicate foliage on their faces. I love to run my hands over it, tickling my palms.

No comments: