Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Big Sur Marathon vacation

What a difference a few days of vacation make.

Husband was running the Big Sur Marathon so we all decided to go and make a family vacation out of it. My in-laws went along with husband's best friend, her training partner, and her mother. Quite the crowd.

I must say it was great. The weather was perfect. We spent time on the beach. It was the kind of weather where you can wear long pants or shorts, long sleeves or short and feel comfortable either way. My son loved California. The beaches, aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf and the fact that he had his own double bed at the hotel. We wore him out, so much in fact that two nights in a row, he fell asleep at dinner with his head on daddy's lap. We could have stayed longer and still found plenty to do.

oh yeah, the marathon...my husband ran a 3 hour 48 min, the friends ran a bit over 5 hours and I walked the 5K at just over a 15 minute mile pace. It was great. I am looking forward to going back someday.

No comments: