Friday, February 27, 2009

The Will is Strong but the Body is Weak

I want to finish my children's story about the cleanly cockroach but I am so tired. I have been dealing with a bout of insomnia lately. I suspect it is due to the fact that newspapers are closing left and right and I am really not sure what my future holds in the biz. That and the fact that hubby has been on the road for over a week so I have house and kid duties solo.

I am not complaining but I really just would love to be home in the afternoon alone taking a long luxurious nap. The kind where the windows are open and the breeze is making the curtains blow gently. The kind where you wake up and then float gently beck to sleep. You sleep HARD and wake up not quite knowing where you are or what time of day it is. What a dream. what a dream.

Tonight kiddo is sleeping over at his best friend's house. This would be the perfect opportunity to go out with my girlfriends. Hubby is encouraging that. Honestly I just want to be home. I want to rest and I want to be home in case he needs to be picked up at 2am because he is inconsolable. It is not his first sleepover but it is the first one at this friend's house.

Too bad I do not have a personal chef, masseuse, manicurist and stylist. I would do a SPOIL ME night at home. I can be my own chef, manicurist and stylist. I am coming up short on masseuse though.

No comments: