Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My version of a children's Book pt 1

I came downstairs this morning and saw the muddy paw prints the dogs tracked in yesterday, some dishes in the sink, toys all over the playroom and thought it would be cool if someone would come in while I was sleeping and clean the house. Silently of course, so we would not wake up. That is when my idea for a children's book popped into my head.

The Cleanly Cockroaches

Henry with his mommy and daddy, a dog named Wuzzle and two cats named Tic and Tac. Henry loved all living creatures. He loved his pets. He loved with birds that sang outside his window in the morning. He loved the bunnies that ate his momma's garden. He even loved snakes and crawly things. But Henry's favorite things were BUGS. He never smushed a spider. He never stamped on ant hills.

One day Henry heard his mommy scream "ew!! A bug!!!!" Henry raced to the kitchen to see his mommy pointing at the floor. There on the floor was a palmetto bug, otherwise known as a cockroach. "Get it Henry!!" screamed his mommy. Henry moved quickly and trapped the bug under a glass and took it outside.

"Thank you," said a tiny voice.

Henry looked around but did not see anyone there.

"Down here! My name is Polly Palmetto and I want to thank you for not smashing me flat as a pancake. Now I can go back to my family," said Polly

Henry had never heard a bug talk but answered, "you're welcome"

"Maybe I can help you someday," said Polly.

"I don't see how. You are so small!" said Henry

"Ahh yes but I have a VERY large family and when we all work together, we can get almost anything done"

"Well be careful and don't let my mom see you in the house again. Daddy WOULD have smushed you if he was home."

"We'll be careful. Thanks for the warning. We'll only come around at night." said Polly as she scuttled away.

To be continued.............

No comments: