Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zooma half marathon





I think the Zooma was a success. It was well organized from the neighborhood's point of view. Cones, port o potties and water all out early. Relatively easy to get in and out of the 'hood.

We did not leave. I was up at 6:45 finishing up the muffins and getting the cooler filled up. The table and chairs were out by 7:30am. The house is about 250 feet from the street so it is not like we can just bound out the door and watch runners.

We gathered about 7:45 and shortly there after the first male runner came through. Since it was a woman's race, I decided to cheer him on but not take a pic. I hung my signs for Pam and Joshunda, hoping I would see them. I should have found the pro camera to make decent pics but it is really hard to hold that and a drink.

There were just a few of us, at first, cheering the runners. Then our crowd grew. The runners were fun, laughed at our mimosas, thanked us for coming out to cheer and wondered if we had any breakfast to spare. The horses were in rare form dancing and chasing around the pasture. One runner commented that they were a nice thing to watch to keep her mind off the nasty hill in front of our house.

Pam saw me and shouted out. I missed the pic but got her on the way up the hill. I got pics of Joshunda going down the hill and up the hill. She looked great in both. You would never know that the hill was so bad at the way Pam and Joshunda looked in the uphill pics. There was a man dressed as a woman, funny. All in all it was a big crowd. I really to think our cheering made a difference on the uphill part. We got lots of smiles and folks chatting back to us.

Good job Zooma! I hope the spa incentives we wonderful at the finish line and that everyone enjoyed running through our neck of the woods....er.. well.. hills.


No comments: