Saturday, December 20, 2008

My how time flies

So it seems like just yesterday I swore I would blog. I wanted to, I intended to, I dreamed I did....clearly I did not.

The holidays snuck up on me. I thought I was doing well by having the house all put together and presents mostly bought. Here it is 5 days before Christmas and we have not done cards, we'll blame it on the economy. I still have to send random gifts to folks. I have not shopped for hubby's best friend, why would I you may ask? He never has time so I usually pick something out for her. He is out to dry this year. I just do not have time.

The kiddo has been in NYC since last Tuesday. His Oma came down and got him. They have been having a ball going to see Christmas windows in the city, Macy's Santaland (he did not want to see Santa after all). He went to Opa's office party, the train shop and the Toy Museum with Opa. Best of all, I think, was that he got to see snow. I think it should be a tradition for him to visit them around Christmas time as well as during the summer. I like that he is independent enough to go somewhere without Momma or Daddy.

Meanwhile, hubby and I have been going out with friends, shopping, going to the gym whenever we want and sleeping without interruption. We had the neighborhood wine and cheese party at our house last night. That was fun. About 50 people showed up and much wine was consumed. Our house, with the addition, has nice party flow. Folks didn't even go out onto the porch or screen porch even though it was warm out. We let the dogs visit for a bit and most everyone loved them. I was relaxed but not drunk when I fell asleep. Good thing because I had a shoot this am.

I have had about 4 shoots this season. I really need to send out promotional reminders and I could have each weekend scheduled well. NOTE TO SELF: PROMOTE!

No comments: