Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Getting Dressed and Silly Things

Ever have one of those mornings when you feel you have it all together but you really do not?
I woke up at 6am, fed the horses, got the guys going and went up to have a shower. I knew what I was going to wear to work that day. I put on a pick shirt, cute wool jumper (not the English variety jumper or sweater but the dress variety) and black tights.

The black tights were hanging a little low. The crotch was not going where it needed to go. Probably due to holiday weight gain and improper laundering but I needed a solution. A girdle! Well today more commonly known as the brand Spanx. That would hold up the tights and hold in my tummy. Good solution.

I grabbed them from the drawer and pulled them on. Went down for breakfast.

Kiddo and I went to school. The Spanx felt funny, bunching and falling down in the back. Were the tights that small that they were pulling them down? I dropped kiddo off , drove to work and went to my morning meeting still trying to tug the undergarments into place without attracting too much attention. I sat in the meeting feeling like I was sitting on more of my dress than I should be. What is going on?

After the meeting I heading for the ladies room to investigate. Peeling off layers revealed that I had in fact put on padded bike shorts NOT a girdle. Not wonder my butt felt poofy, no wonder they kept falling down.

Laughing I took them off, settled for a saggy crotch and went on with the day vowing to pay more attention to what I am actually putting on in the morning.

1 comment:

Elin said...

Great story! I can relate. Just last week, I went to work with two different earrings on!

Wanted to recommend my new fav shapewear line too - Slimpressions! Found these on my last trip to NY at Intimacy. Great slimmer for my top half - jelly belly, back fat and arm flab! I wear them almost every day now. Very comfortable. (I didn't buy enough originally but found them at herroom.com, free shipping, if you are interested.)

Happy New Year!