Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I am writing this on Friday because I really do not want to be too near a computer on Sunday for Mother's Day. As crazy as this may sound, I would like to celebrate the day by having breakfast with my guys, a nice big breakfast/brunch kind of thing at home. I would like if we all cooked together and had fun with it.

Then I would like to weed and work in the garden until it gets too hot. This would also be fun to do as a family. Of course Jake could play in his sandbox while we work outside. Next Daddy would take little man into town for an ice cream and grocery shopping while I rode a horse or two.

We would end the day with friends we have not seen in awhile, because they moved to the east coast. Our kids would play together and we would chat about how our lives have changed since we have become moms. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the frustrating, sometimes learning that we still have tons to learn.

That would be a great day for me. Not rushing to get anywhere, not doing the chores that need to be done, just having a day with those do whatchalike days.

The greatest gift my family could give me would not be flowers or jewelry, it would be time. Time together mixed with a little no stress time for me. I am taking the me time Saturday am, going to spa to hang with the girls. Well not girls I know well, but the organizer is visiting from out of town so it is important to her to see her Austin connections. I am happy to go. I miss her. Her friends are all very nice so I know it will be fun and relaxing.

My own mom will be coming back from visiting friends in California with Dad. I'm not sure what my sister's are up to but I suspect their kids will be around. I know my brother will do something nice with the kids for his wife. I wish all moms out there a happy Mothers Day, whether you do something or not. Oh and call your mom if you are able.

No comments: